Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Marci and Luka CALENDAR


I had this idea in my head for quiet awhile now and then when I went to work on it, it didn't turned out the way I thought it would.  A lot of scraps into the garbage can, but here is the result.  I do like it even more than my original idea though :-)  I know I will love having my favorite Marci and Luka displayed on my desk all year long.

I used wooden album covers for the base of my calendar.  The base measures 7" x 7" and the calendar pages are 6" x 6".  The page of the month is displayed on the front/top and the other pages are inside of the frame.  Each page has a side pocket with a calendar tacked inside.  Pullout tabs have the names of the months of them.  What's great about having calendar in the pockets and not permanently attached is that you can use it the next year too by just printing the another year calendar.   And, if you ever get tired of it, you can use the fronts to make cards!!

The pockets can also be used to store some photos/memorabilia throughout the year, and/or you can tuck in some special notes, etc.

I should add that this is still a work in progress.  So far I've done 2 months - January and November.  Yes, I am not going in chronological order.  Luka with Pumpkin was calling my name!!  LOL  

Most likely I will also add something to the covers too.  Still trying to decide.  And you can also add ribbons and twines to the book rings to make them festive to your preference.

Did you know that I hold WORKSHOPS every month?  If you live in Northern California, check it out!!  Every workshop is different and we make tons of different things.  Most if not all of the projects feature our stamps!!!

This is one of the projects for my October WorkshopTo see other projects for this Workshop please click HERE.

OCTOBER Workshop is scheduled for:
Sunday, October 30th
10 am to 6 pm
at Scrapbook Island in San Jose, CA

This Workshop is by invitation only.  If you would like to attend but did not receive an Evite invitation from me, please email me at irina_ca@msn.com and I will add you to my email list.



January Page Recipe:
Stamps: Marci with Snowman by La-La Land Crafts
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, Cosmo Cricket
Tools: Tim Holtz Christmas Tree, Memory Box Christmas Border and Snowflake die cuts, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, MS Snowflake punch
Other: Viva Pearl Pen in Cream, Crystal Stickles

Copic Markers:

Skin - E000, E00, E11

Blush - R11, R20
Hair - E50, YR20, E33
Hat - R20, R21, R22, YR21, YR23
Mittens and Tights - R20, R21, R22
Jacket - B97, B91, O
Boots - E13, E35, E37
Snowman - BG000, BG10, R21, R22, R24, R27, E13, E35
~~~
November Page Recipe:
Stamps: Luka with Pumpkin by La-La Land Crafts, Pumpkin Bench by Pixie Cottage
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, Kaisercraft, Echo Park
Tools: Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, MS Fence punch, Silhouette Cameo clouds
Other: Crystal Stickles

Copic Markers:

Skin - E000, E00, E11

Blush - R11, R20
Hair - YR20, E33, E35
Coat and Hat - E50-57
Pants - YG91-95
Boots - E13, E35, E37, E39
Pumpkins - Y38, YR14, YR16, YR04, YR18
Bench - E41-49

Hugs!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this calendar - such a great idea! :D Great coloring too, fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this idea! Very cute calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the caledar idea Irene. This way I can see Marci and Luka every day! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete